Tuesday 12 March 2013

Genesis

I'm reading the bible. It's a long term project and I'm in no particular rush, but it's the kind of thing I feel one should read. Eventually. King James, obv.

Reading for stories and general cultural awareness, there's no faith perspective here. If you see the bible as the true revealed word of god, you should probably not read my thoughts.

So: Genesis. What I particularly noticed was how long everyone lived. (Men: we don't hear about the women. Probably busy in the kitchen?). I'd heard the phrase 'old as Methusulah' before, and assumed old M had been notoriously long lived. Well, he was, but the rest of them weren't far behind. None of them with any erectile dysfunction: babies abounding. This, we learn, is how the world got populated. Maybe that's where all the women were?

First line: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Last line: So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting. It's great to know other avid readers. I hope you'll also share what you're currently reading?